We took a cab from the Ritz Carlton Hotel to Jumeriah Mina A’ Salam. It’s one of the Jumeriah Group properties, also home to Shimmers on the Beach.
Our cab driver was a little confused as to specifically where we were going. The Jumeriah properties are very close together so it can be confusing. Try and have a map if possible to show your driver.
It’s quite a walk from the front of the hotel to Shimmers, so allow yourself enough time so you aren’t late. Jumeriah Mina A’ Salam is a boutique property steps from the beach.
We made our reservation for 3:45 pm just before the cut off time for afternoon kitchen break at 4:00 pm. Shimmers will only hold your table for fifteen minutes. It was our plan to have appetizers, drinks and enjoy the view of the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The hotel is simply gorgeous and over the top as would be expected. We made our way through the lobby, down the stairs and around the man-made lake. Walked the walkway around the lake until we found Shimmers. We were immediately seated on the beach, to a breathtaking view of the Arabian Gulf and the Burj Al Arab.
We had reserved a table and seats on the beach for the best experience. There are also seating areas closer to the hotel than on the beach. They sat us on a couch and loveseat with a long coffee table as our eating table. With the Arabian Gulf and the stunning Burj Al Arab we started to unwind.
We ordered some drinks and chicken shawarma, fried calamari, French fries, hummus, tzatziki sauce and pita bread. All was delicious! The theme at this restaurant is Greek delicacies with an array of choices for everyone.
Watch out for the pelican flying around trying to plunge down onto your food. We had restaurant attendants shooing away the aggressive birds while we ate. A little annoying but worth the experience of being at Shimmers.
Across the water we could see the outline of the exotic Atlantis property. The next night we had dinner at Hakkassan in the Atlantis. Another over the top property worth seeing.
We spent hours eating, talking, laughing and just enjoying the ocean breeze and the beautiful scenery. The Burj Al Arab, a symbol of luxury with its sail like shape is a pleasing sight while lounging on the beach.
We definitely recommend a visit to Shimmers on the Beach if this fits your style. The Burj Al Arab view alone is worth the visit!
Here’s some Shimmers on the Beach guidelines that might be of interest to you.
· Kindly be advised that the dress code in Shimmers on the Beach is Casual.
· Kindly park your car at Mina A ‘Salam Hotel. Valet parking service is free of charge upon presenting your bill when you collect your car.
· Our maximum table holding time is 15 minutes. Due to the popularity of our restaurants, unfortunately we are unable to guarantee immediate seating for late arrivals.
· Any particular seating request is noted. Requests are arranged on arrival at the restaurant on a first come, first serve basis.
· Reservations are applicable for dining room only. Lounge area is operated on first come, first serve basis with minimum spend set by restaurant. Bookings are not applicable for Lounge and Cabanas.
· Please be advised that in house guests with the half board package will have a supplement charge of AED 130 for adults and AED 65 for children.
· Guests are requested to advise us in advance of any food allergy or intolerance so that our Chefs are aware of any specific dietary requirements.
· In compliance with the law in Dubai, ladies and gentlemen below the age of 21 years will not be served alcohol in any of our bars and restaurants, nor granted access to any of our bars.
· All prices are inclusive of 7% Municipality Fees and 10% Service Charge and 5% Value Added Tax.